Kaleider TVTM 1.7.2
(for Android TV and Fire TV Devices)
Kaleider TV is designed to exhibit Kaleider effects on a TV
screen. It operates on TVs as an Android TV app, which can be
entirely controlled with standard TV remote Arrow and OK buttons.
Kaleider TV is free, and like the standard Kaleider app, it
includes no ads, data tracking or other marketing gimmicks. Kaleider
TV is available at
Random kaleidoscopic mirroring effects can be rendered and then shifted
around the screen, either automatically or manually. Auto Effects
can be activated to continuously generate effects in random motion. The
visuals can be accompanied by music with the built-in Music Player,
which can play MP3 files stored on the Android TV device.
The primary features of Kaleider TV are briefly summarized below:
- Render Effects
=> Instantly generate a random effect, or use Options
to select a particular effect from among the 157 available varieties (12
Kaleidoscopes, 41 Rectangle Mirrors, 33 Diamond Mirrors,
44 Triangle Mirrors, 11 3D Mirrors and 16 Funnels).
The previously rendered effect can be re-rendered with the same parameters at
its original position, and it's also possible to re-render the last effect
with random variations.
- Wander Effects =>
Wander can be activated to apply continuous automated motion to effects.
- Shift Effects
=> The Arrow keys can be used to Shift Effects to different
positions within the source image.
- 3D Rooms =>
Exhibits patterns in 3D perspectives, covering the walls, ceilings and floors of
various Rooms. The Rooms can be navigated via keyboard
commands, or automated Roaming motion can be activated.
- Non-Flat Surfaces =>
Maps effect tiles onto a variety of curved Surfaces, resulting in non-linear
distortions of the patterns.
- Colors =>
Progressively shifts the colors of effect pixels according to selectable methods.
- Auto Effects
=> Continuously generates random effects, periodically changing
the source image. Wandering motions, Rooms and Surfaces and Colors might
also be randomly activated depending upon configured options.
- Music Player
=> Kaleider TV effects can optionally be accompanied by music
chosen from the audio files stored on your device.
- Options =>
Buttons are available to quickly perform most actions.
The appearance of buttons can be toggled off to allow more screen
area for displaying effects. Settings can be configured to control
Appearance, Colors, Rooms, Surfaces and Auto Effects.
HINT: If you notice a gap between the Kaleider TV controls and the
edges of your TV screen, that is known as an 'Overscan Margin'. Some TVs
need such a border to avoid chopping off parts of the picture. Other
TVs automatically compensate and don't need the borders. You can remove
the gaps by unchecking the Use Overscan Margins option in Appearance
Options . (The change will take affect the next
time you run Kaleider TV.)
Kaleider TV Version History
Versions 1.7, 1.7.1 and 1.7.2
- The Triangle Mirrors feature that was recently added to the Kaleider Windows program (see Kaleider
5.3) has now been included with the Kaleider TV Android app. A large
selection of Triangle Mirror Patterns are available, with 4 variations of each
Pattern type to allow a choice of the desired orientation for the right triangle
shape. For example, choose the L/R version for a right triangle with
the 90 degree angle at the Lower/Right. Most Triangle Mirrors are
perfectly symmetrical, and often quite intricate.
- Extensive internal restructuring to make the app more reliable and efficient,
especially for 64-bit devices.
- 1.7.1 fixed crashes that occurred with some devices (my apologies!).
- 1.7.2 included several additional fixes and tweaks.
Versions 1.6, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
- More fixes and minor tweaks.
- This version is also primarily intended to fix occasional crashes.
- This version of Kaleider TV is primarily intended to improve performance and
to fix several bugs.
- Besides random effects, it's now possible to select and render particular
- Added 3D Rooms and Non-Flat Surfaces.
- The interface has been redesigned. The Actions Buttons panel is
now transparent by default, and it overlays the displayed image, making the entire
screen available for exhibiting rendered effects. (Appearance Options
can be used to make the Action Buttons panel a solid color.)
- The Image Selection process has been improved. The
icon can be long-touched to allow selection of an image from the Gallery (or
some other image app), and there is also a Use Gallery App option in the
Image Selection screen. The SD cards on most devices will now be
detected when selecting an Image Directory or a Music Directory.
- A Motion Control feature has been added to allow adjustment of the
speed and smoothness of automated Wandering and Room Roaming actions.
- The most common functions can now be conveniently performed using the remote control
numeric buttons (Use and Actions to show these):
- 1 = Previous Image
- 2 = Next Image
- 3 = Random Effects
- 4 = Toggle Center Effects
- 5 = Toggle Wander Effects
- 6 = Toggle Colors
- 7 = Hide/Show Buttons
- 8 = Toggle Music Player
- 9 = Start Music/Next Music
- 0 = Pause/Resume Action
- The sizing and positioning of effects has been improved to better adjust to
different screen sizes.
- Now, when an Image Directory is selected, only directories that contain images will
be listed, along with counts of the images stored within.
- An Audio Directory can also now be selected from a list of directories that contain
audio files. A particular song within a directory can be chosen and played.
- Initial release.